Friday, February 26, 2010

Man, that due can play the flute!

Now: It's late afternoon on Friday, the kids are restless and I am trying to cook dinner and clean the house at the same time. It can be done, although, yelling is (always) involved.
Much Earlier: The day started off like any other day...wake up, dress, eat, take the kids to school, teach aqua, pick up kids, blah, blah, blah. Sorry...I know that sounds a bit ungrateful for the many wonderful things that I have and enjoy on a daily basis. My tude will change as soon as Mike gets home.
Earlier: After Sam got home from school, we spent most of the afternoon picking oranges and the most awesome house ever. They have an entire park in their backyard, not to mention a way cool pool and tons of grass to run around on. I came home with 3bags FULL of the best oranges in the world. Jealous?
Earlier and Now: I have an itch to go out and do something - dinner, a movie, window shop, shop for-real, whatever, but I don't want to leave the house. Sigh. Stretch. Sigh again. I think I will just stay home and hang out with the hubby and kids.
I decided to cook the kids a lazy dinner consisting of corn dogs and bagel bites. They were happy, I felt guilty. I didn't even cut them an apple or offer them any veggies on the side. Oh, ketchup counts, right?
Mike and I will eat chicken, broccoli and salad (same dinner almost every night). Then we will watch a little TV, put the kids to bed at 7, put Sam to bed at 8, then watch TV until we are ready for bed (usually 9 o'clock sharp). Consistent or routine?
Now: listening to M.U.- The best of Jethrol Tull. Love the flute. I wonder if that guy was teased as a young lad. Making my yummy granola.

2 comments:

Stef said...

That was fun to read! YOur evenings sound like mine. Just chillin on the couch.

ajwhet10 said...

I'm glad you can enjoy being home, and even more glad that your home FEELS like a home. :)