Tuesday, November 24, 2009

today was a busy, busy day

I had a bright idea: Ask the neighbor if her husband would be willing to tile my bathroom floor for $100 (small bathroom). I already have the supplies, all I needed was for someone to do the labor. I double checked with Mike to make sure it was okay (price and all) and, thank goodness 'cause I already committed, it was a go! Mike did insist that we put in a new vanity. That meant that I had to run to a store and pick one out and bring it home TODAY.
Well, that didn't happen. Vanities are major bucks, jimminey. I was able to find one that was reasonably priced. I purchased it and a sink topper (counter top). I will pick it up in the morning and hopefully the grout will be dry by then. (Neighbor guy will be back in the AM to grout.) The tile is down and it looks great. He did it all (take out old floor, rip out sink and base, pull up toilet) in less than 2 1/2 hours!
A new bathroom floor and vanity! Exciting! Bonus: I already have a new fixture for the sink. All of this will be done just in time for Sam's baptism on Saturday (we are having peeps over for lunch afterwards). I can't wait to share the pictures will y'all.
Until tomorrow.....

3 comments:

Stef said...

Nice! Nothing like sitting down in a nice bathroom. Congrats to Sam! What a fun step!

Anonymous said...

COOL

ajwhet10 said...

Happy for you!!