Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday, Sam!


Sam came running in my room this morning with a grin that stretched from ear to ear and announced that it was his birthday! Finally! He has been counting down the days for the last 3-1/2 weeks. I was half awake (or asleep) and wasn't in the same mood he was in so early in the morning. Not wanting to crush the spirit of a newly 7 year-old I said, "You're right, it is your birthday. Happy birthday!" He then asked to open his presents. Oh uh! I told him I hadn't wrapped it yet. I gave him the choice of waiting for it to be wrapped or me telling him where I hid it. He wanted to open a wrapped present. "I'll wrap it while you are in the shower," I told him. Off he went (without a fight). Who knew a wrapped present could equal a showered boy?
He opened his present with delight and, thank goodness, was thrilled with his gift - an Air Hog saucer. His grandma Lee gave him transformers, greatgrandma Smith gave him a $2 bill, grandma Whetten took him to the golden arches last night and will bring him his 'real' present today. He wants Hawaiian haystacks for dinner and ice cream cake for dessert.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Sam! I saw him just bouncing happily in line as he was walking to PE. Can't believe he is seven already!

ajwhet10 said...

It is super to see Sam growing UP and UP. He seems suddenly taller, smarter, and more responsible. Not to mention SWIFT! It seems not that long ago that Glen was looking down at tiny little Sam with a satisfaction and happiness that transcended the misery of his condition. (I'm sure that now he adds some delighted chuckles to that!)

AIRBORNERANGERJAKE said...

WOW SEVEN YEARS OLD ALREADY, I GOTTA GET OFF MY HINE POINT AND GET DOWN THERE,WELL HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMY BOY!!!! THE BOOGIE MAN IS UNDER YOUR BED AND HE LIKES SEVEN YEAR OLDS.......WITH BARBEQUE SAUCE!!!